Oral Surgery Anesthesia Options
- Intravenous (IV) General Anesthesia: Medications are administered through an IV to allow the patient to sleep during the procedure. This technique is generally reserved for young, healthy patients. The depth of anesthesia can be affected by past or present alcohol or drug habits and/or current prescription drugs. A driver will be required with this type of anesthetic.
- IV Sedation: Medications administered through an IV to allow the patient to be in a light sleep during the procedure. This technique is generally utilized to help the anxious patient through the procedure. A driver will be required with this type of anesthetic.
- Oral Sedation with Nitrous Oxide and Local Anesthesia: Two pills are prescribed to the patient. The first pill will be taken one hour prior to surgery. Please be sure to bring the second pill to your surgery appointment with you. Nitrous oxide and local anesthesia are administered once the patient is in the operation room. A driver will be required with this type of anesthetic.
- Nitrous Oxide and Local Anesthesia: Laughing gas is administered and then local anesthesia is delivered.
- Local Anesthesia only: Local anesthetic delivered to “numb” the area to be worked on.
- General Anesthesia in the hospital/surgery center: Patient is taken to the operating room and placed in a general anesthesia plain by an anesthesiologist. A breathing tube is placed and an anesthesia machine is utilized to maintain breathing and to keep the patient asleep. This option is utilized for complex (difficult) procedures, patients who may be difficult to sedate in the office, or patients with health problems who require the care of an anesthesiologist. A driver is required with this type of anesthetic.
Friendly and welcoming staff. Clean office. Cute trains. It's all a win.
I have been a patient of Dental Depot on SW 104th St in Oklahoma City for many years. I have great confidence in the dentists and staff. I have always enjoyed the best care on each visit. --Frederick Robley
Dr. Nunnally is the best in Dallas! He takes time to listen to your concerns and is very honest with his recommendations. My daughter adores him too!
We are Dental Depot patients for life!!
People pursue careers in dentistry for a number of reasons; they like helping others, they have a love for art and science, they’re fascinated by teeth or oral health, or perhaps they’re just looking for a reliable field of work. No matter why they’re interested in dentistry, it can be agreed that dental assisting is
Here at Dental Depot, we’re committed to providing our patients with a common-sense approach to high-quality, compassionate dentistry for the whole family. But oral health isn’t the only thing we’re dedicated to improving – we’re always looking for opportunities to build up, enrich, and contribute to our communities. Giving back isn’t anything new here –
Bone Grafting FAQ with Dr. George Bohle In today’s world, there are more treatment options than ever when it comes to replacing missing teeth – and perhaps, just as many questions for every one of those options. Nevertheless, perhaps the best option for most patients – dental implants, and the bone grafts that go with
So I was pleasantly surprised today. They checked me in, helped me straighten out a billing issue, and then 2 very sweet ladies took care of my annual cleaning exam. They were kind and the hygienist is very thoughtful. She made sure I was comfortable the whole time. She did a very thorough job while still being super sweet about stopping if I was in any pain at all.
- Amanda Faulk
Dental Depot staff is normally pretty good. I have been several times and each visit is a different experience. Only once have they had me waiting for more than an hour only to tell me they did not have enough time to perform the procedure. They are very friendly and usually considerate with your time.
- Robert Purcell
The actual dental assistant is the best, (Kristi) the dentist is cool I had never met him before this visit yet he seemed genuinely focused on the care that he provided today. My only hiccup was with the person at the financial window, I won't say his name. They try to explain the cost in a way as if I didn't have the funds to pay for the services i was to be receiving or would receive. I am an....
- ricardo castellanos
Super friendly and very quick. Great atmosphere. Took care of me and arranged referral for same day service at another location to get my issues resolved. Thanks.
- Jack Of_All