Oral Surgery Anesthesia Options
- Intravenous (IV) General Anesthesia: Medications are administered through an IV to allow the patient to sleep during the procedure. This technique is generally reserved for young, healthy patients. The depth of anesthesia can be affected by past or present alcohol or drug habits and/or current prescription drugs. A driver will be required with this type of anesthetic.
- IV Sedation: Medications administered through an IV to allow the patient to be in a light sleep during the procedure. This technique is generally utilized to help the anxious patient through the procedure. A driver will be required with this type of anesthetic.
- Oral Sedation with Nitrous Oxide and Local Anesthesia: Two pills are prescribed to the patient. The first pill will be taken one hour prior to surgery. Please be sure to bring the second pill to your surgery appointment with you. Nitrous oxide and local anesthesia are administered once the patient is in the operation room. A driver will be required with this type of anesthetic.
- Nitrous Oxide and Local Anesthesia: Laughing gas is administered and then local anesthesia is delivered.
- Local Anesthesia only: Local anesthetic delivered to “numb” the area to be worked on.
- General Anesthesia in the hospital/surgery center: Patient is taken to the operating room and placed in a general anesthesia plain by an anesthesiologist. A breathing tube is placed and an anesthesia machine is utilized to maintain breathing and to keep the patient asleep. This option is utilized for complex (difficult) procedures, patients who may be difficult to sedate in the office, or patients with health problems who require the care of an anesthesiologist. A driver is required with this type of anesthetic.
Friendly and welcoming staff. Clean office. Cute trains. It's all a win.
I have been a patient of Dental Depot on SW 104th St in Oklahoma City for many years. I have great confidence in the dentists and staff. I have always enjoyed the best care on each visit. --Frederick Robley
Dr. Nunnally is the best in Dallas! He takes time to listen to your concerns and is very honest with his recommendations. My daughter adores him too!
We are Dental Depot patients for life!!
Did you know that the American Association of Orthodontics estimates 50-75% of Americans would benefit from orthodontics treatment? It’s true! There are many benefits to orthodontic treatment. Straight, healthy teeth make it easier to chew, brush, and speak, and having a smile that you’re proud of and comfortable with will improve your confidence and self-esteem.
A root canal, also referred to as endodontic treatment, is a procedure during which a dental specialist removes soft tissue from within a tooth that has become infected or inflamed. This tissue, called dental pulp, contains blood vessels, nerves, and connective tissue that feed the tooth’s root and keep it healthy. When the dental pulp
Bruxism is the medical term for unconsciously grinding, gnashing, or clenching your teeth. This can happen while you’re awake, asleep, or both. Bruxism is commonly referred to as teeth grinding or jaw clenching. The majority of people who suffer from bruxism experience it while they sleep, making it difficult to identify before complications develop. What
The dentist, Dr. Young and her dental assistant, Jackson were excellent. It's challenging getting some of my teeth numb. Dr. Young took the time to make sure the numbing process was complete and my filling replacement was pain free. Jackson was very knowledgeable and nice. Dental Depot on Sheridan Road is consistently the best!
I went into the Sheridan location and the front office staff were very attentive and accommodating. Dr young saw my son and eased his anxiety. He was nervous about seeing the dentist and she was very friendly and made him feel comfortable. Dr young is an amazing dentist and I’ll be sure to tell my friends and family about the wonderful care she provided.
- Jeakila Fowlkes
My Original Dentist Had Me Booked Two months out for extraction of a Broken and Infected tooth. It was a Emergency and I was in unbearable pain so I was Absolutely not waiting. I gave Dental Depot a Call and Explained What was going on and they got me in that same day and Did The Extraction and now I’m pain Free! They are fast and Friendly! Highly Recommend! will definitely be switching to....
I would definitely choose this location for anyone looking for a dentist. I was in & out fast. I was nervous but was put to ease by the dentist & her assistant. Good work & thank you so much.
- Jennifer Rios
I would like to specially thank Danielle the hygienist for doing a fantastic job on my tooth cleaning. She found out that there’s lots of glue (from orthodontics) stuck on my teeth, where neither of the orthodontics place nor the previous dental cleaning place told me. For anyone who needs a general dentist and hygiene care, I would highly recommend this place!
- Lindsey Chanel