UPDATED: Friday, July 17th, 2020
Masks or face covering required at: Dental Depot Central OKC, North OKC, Northwest OKC, Northwest Expressway, South OKC, Southwest OKC, and West OKC per The Oklahoma City Council. Dental Depot Norman and West Norman per Norman City Council; Dental Depot Tulsa, South Tulsa, Central Tulsa, and Tulsa Hills, per City of Tulsa.
As the COVID-19 global health crisis continues to evolve, Dental Depot wishes to remain proactive in communicating with our patients about the steps we are taking to protect our patients, team members, and communities, while also fulfilling our main role as dental providers.
We will continue to maintain the highest standards of sanitation and safety set by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO). Additionally, we are following recommendations set by the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Oklahoma Dental Association (OkDA).
“Oral health is an integral part of overall health. Treatment of dental disease, as well as prevention, is important to help keep people healthy,” the ADA said, in a May 21, 2020 press release. “The longer dental practices remain closed to preventative care and treatment for early forms of disease, the more likely that patients’ untreated disease will progress, increasing the complexity and cost for treatment down the road.”
It is with this in mind, our offices continue to offer full-service dentistry and orthodontics at this time. The safety and wellbeing of our patients and team members is, and has always been, a priority.
However, we believe in actions, not just words. Here are the guidelines you can and should expect our teams to follow during your visit to our offices, as well as what we ask of you, our patients.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- All of our team members are to wear the appropriate level of PPE for their position, and to dispose of their PPE between patients. This includes masks and face shields for our clinical teams and masks for our front office teams.
- Our clinical team changes in and out of their scrubs at the office and launders them daily in office.
- All of our team members are to follow CDC guidelines in regards to hand-washing, daily temperature checks, limited contact, and social distancing.
- Our waiting areas, counters, and play areas are thoroughly sanitized multiple times daily, including all high-touch surfaces and utensils such as pens, card readers, etc…
- Our individual operatories and equipment are thoroughly sanitized between patients.
- Multiple sanitation stations have been added to our offices, please use them.
What to Expect At Your Next Appointment:
- When you schedule an appointment, you will be asked a series of screening questions pertaining to COVID-19 exposure.
- While masks for patients are not required at this time, we strongly encourage you to bring a mask to your appointment to wear anytime you are outside of your operatory room.
- As of 7/17/20, in compliance with the City of Oklahoma City Council’s mask mandate, masks or face coverings will be REQUIRED in our Oklahoma City Offices for all patients and staff. See link for exceptions and details.
- As of 7/8/20, in compliance with the Norman City Council’s ordinate, masks will be REQUIRED in both our Norman and West Norman offices for all patients and staff. See link for exceptions and details.
- As of 7/16/20, in compliance with the City of Tulsa, masks will be REQUIRED in all of our Tulsa Metro Area offices for all patients and staff. See link for exceptions and details.
- When you arrive,
- You have the option of calling to check-in and waiting in your vehicle until we call you to come inside.
- You have the option of coming inside to check-in and waiting in one of our waiting areas.
- You are responsible for exercising caution and socially distancing yourself from other patients in the waiting areas.
- When it’s time for your appointment, your temperature will be taken and you will be asked to fill out a COVID-19 questionnaire. Additionally, you will be given a mouth rinse prior to beginning treatment.
- A parent or guardian may accompany a minor patient back to the operatory, but we ask that unless the presence of another person is absolutely essential, that you do not bring a guest to your appointment.
- The exception to this is Northwest OKC Orthodontics. Because this office has an open bay, only patients may come inside to the appointment to limit people in the room.
Getting the COVID-19 health crisis on the decline is going to take effort from all of us. We must all do our parts to be considerate, compassionate members in our communities.
If you experience any situations in our office that fall outside of these guidelines, please reach out to us directly at [email protected] and we will follow-up with the office to make sure our whole team is in compliance.
If you have additional questions or concerns regarding an upcoming appointment, please give your office a call so that we can help. Keep in touch with us here or by email, and on social media for the most up-to-date announcements on our offices.
Stay safe, be smart, and above all, wash your hands.