UPDATED: Thursday, March 26, 2020
STATUS: Dental Depot is continuing to see emergency patients by appointment only. Individual offices have adjusted their hours to better serve our patients and staff. If you experience a dental emergency or have concerns, please call us.
Upcoming Appointments: If you’ve been to an affected area in the last 14 days or have been exposed to someone with coronavirus and you’re experiencing symptoms such as a cough, shortness of breath, or fever, please call us so we can help you reschedule your appointment.
In light of the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus-2019) global health crisis, Dental Depot wishes to remain proactive in communicating with our patients about the steps we are taking to protect our patients, team members and communities, while also fulfilling our main role as dental providers.
At this time, our office hours have been adjusted to see essential and emergency dental visits by appointment only. We will continue to maintain the utmost sanitation standards set by the Center for Disease Control (CDC),and the World Health Organization (WHO). Additionally, we are following recommendations set by the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Oklahoma Dental Association (OkDA).
While we pride ourselves on always offering a clean and safe environment for patients, we understand that heightened attention to sanitation is needed. Here are the steps our teams are taking to ensure our offices remain safe:
- All employees have been directed to stay home if they are feeling unwell or a member of their household is sick,
- All employees are to practice frequent hand-washing with soap and water,
- All employees are required to wear appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment), as well as disposing of their PPE between each patient,
- All employees have been directed to stop handshaking as a method of greeting, and to limit physical contact where unneeded,
- All operatories and equipment are thoroughly sanitized between patients,
- Waiting areas, counters, and play areas are sanitized multiple times throughout the day,
- All employees have been directed to thoroughly disinfect doorknobs, tables, desks, handrails, tablets, card readers, etc… multiple times throughout the day.
In addition to these steps, our clinical staff recently completed additional infectious disease control training, and so are up-to-date on all CDC and OSHA guidelines for mitigating this health crisis in our offices. We will continue to monitor the situation as it develops and appreciate your patience and cooperation.
Coming in for an appointment?
- Please call us before you arrive if you are feeling unwell,
- Practice proper hand-washing and cough or sneeze into the crooks of your elbows,
- Avoid touching your face,
- Give yourself space from others in waiting areas when possible,
- A parent or guardian may accompany children back to their operatory, but we ask that unless the presence of another person is essential, that you do not bring a guest to your appointment.
If you have additional questions or concerns regarding an upcoming appointment, please give your office a call so that we can help. Keep in touch with us here or by email, and on social media for the most up-to-date announcements on our offices. Stay safe, be smart, and above all, wash your hands.